Thursday, January 31, 2008

evening



Sonic was thinking to himself as he lapped water from the white ceramic bowl in the basement. The rotund, fluffy red Persian thought, If I'm going to continue to be the b@d@ss cat in this house, I'm going to have to be a little rougher with the twerp.

Sonic had gone from hating to tolerating to even admitting a little bit of brotherly "love" for Shag. Still, Shag was growing bigger and Sonic hated to entertain the possibility of his becoming the bigger cat. Sonic was the biggest cat! He had to be, he was b@d@ss Sonic.




When the girl came down to the basement and brought out the toy on a string, Shag perked up and played with it. Sonic tried to play too, but Shag was a bit faster and a lot more enthusiastic. Sonic gave Shag a look. *So tell me, where do you get all that energy?*

Shag took another leap and swat at the toy. *I'm a kitten. Kittens have lots of energy.*

*I noticed.*

Shag eventually grew tired of the game and plopped down on his side, in the impromptu way that his father often did. *I wonder if I'm going to get slow and lazy like you when I get big?*




Sonic gave him the look that his mother had always used to put just about any other cat in their place. *Oh shut up.*

No comments: